Friday 25 March 2011

Volcano-tastic!

I do feel it's bit a cop-out posting again with mostly images, rather than writing a bit more about my travels and things I've been up to here in South America - like driving down a one-way street the wrong way by mistake in Panguipulli in Chile's northern Patagonia (great name, pronounced Pangwipooyi), only until I realised though that a taxi driver heading towards me in his cab wasn't actually flashing his lights at his friends, he was kindly flashing them at me and wagging his finger too to try to bring my attention to my error. It worked a treat.

But whilst time to write and a working internet connection once again prove mostly to be mutually exclusive, images will have to do again for now.  So with a feeling that most of the text-map-route-writings will probably appear on my return to the UK (or before then in NZ maybe), Osorno volcano is the star of this show (with a couple of other guest appearances)....

On arrival to Casa Molino, just outside of Puerto Varas; it's hard to imagine a better view of Osorno volcano than from Casa Molino


...and just before dusk turned to dark night....with moonlit Lake Llanquihue in the foreground...



The next day; from clear blue skies first thing to threatening grey in a short few hours.....still an amazing scene...just evokes a slightly different mood...


OK, so Osorno has to share the volcano limelight with many others in Chile - this is one of Chile's most active, Villarica, near the town (city?) of the same name but nearer to Pucon; it's arguably Pucon's biggest attraction (yes, ha, ha, literally too); this was Villarica volcano on the day I arrived in Pucon....

...and this was it on the day I left...


And this is obviously not a volcano but a honking black-faced ibis (as in the noise, not as in smelly, and "honking" is not part of it's official name), sat preening in the branches of a tree in the gorgeous gardens of Antumalal Hotel

End of transmission

1 comment:

  1. Erupting with envy at your volcano shots - awesome. Happy travels Von and keep posting back...

    Suzanne, London

    ReplyDelete